You have no items in your shopping cart.
Olive Oil & Herb Roasted Turkey
Time: 4 Hours
• 1 12-14-pound turkey, fresh or frozen (thawed)
• 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
• 1 lemon, halved
• 5 tbsp olive oil
• 6 large sprigs rosemary
• 6 large sprigs sage
• 6 large sprigs thyme
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• Fresh ground pepper
1. Pre heat oven to 425 degrees
2. Remove giblets and neck from the turkey
3. Place your onion, two sprigs of each herb and half of a lemon inside your turkey
4. Secure the legs with kitchen string and place the turkey breast side up on the roasting pan.
5. Coat the under and over the skin of the turkey with the olive oil, remaining lemon juice, and remaining herbs chopped up.
6. Place the turkey in the oven uncovered for about 15 minutes or until the skin crisps up
7. Reduce the heat to 325 degrees F and cover your turkey with tin foil to prevent the skin from burning
8. Roast until the inside of the turkey reaches 180 degrees (about 3 hours 45 minutes)
9. Let your turkey rest for about 15 minutes before slicing
10. Slice, Serve, and Enjoy!
ihOO’s Chef Beth Notes:
· Save your giblets and neck to make a fresh gravy
· Poke very small holes in the turkeys skin to place olive oil and herbs under the skin
· An every-day olive oil will work perfectly to coat the turkey. O& CO Antonio Cano Hijos Spain
· Flavored olive oil can also be used.