You have no items in your shopping cart.
Fresh Olive Oil Pesto
Time: 40 minutes
· 1 cups fresh basil leaves
· ½ fresh grated parmesan cheese
· 1/3 cup pine nuts
· 3 medium crushed garlic cloves
· Salt and pepper, to taste
2. Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula. Add the grated cheese and pulse again until blended. Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
ihOO’s Chef Beth Notes:
· Serve with pasta, or over baked potatoes, or spread over toasted baguette slices.
· Basil pesto keeps in refrigerator one week, or freeze for a few months.
· Get creative! Substitute ingredients for other items. For example: Try using fresh arugala instead of basil for an earthier taste.