You have no items in your shopping cart.
Garlicky Deviled Eggs
- Place your eggs in a pot filled with water. The pot must be big enough so the water fully covers the eggs. Two pots can be used. Boil the water and eggs. Once the water comes to a boil it generally takes about 15 minutes for the eggs to fully cook.
- Drain your eggs and place in a bowl with ice and refrigerate for two hours. This part can be done a day ahead of time.
- Peel the eggs. I find it is best to peel the eggs under slow running water. Once you gently crack the egg and place under the water it is generally easier to peel because the water helps separate the two.
- Slice each peeled egg lengthwise and then separate the yolk from the white. Place the halved whites on your serving tray and the yolks in a large bowl.
- Add the Roasted Garlic Aioli, lemon juice, salt & pepper to the bowl with the yolks. Whip all of the ingredients together until you have a smooth consistency with no lumps. Set in the refrigerator while you do the next part
- In a small saute pan saute the sliced mushrooms until thoroughly cooked. Use a little bit of extra virgin olive oil and salt & pepper to saute. Once cooked place the in the fridge.
- Now use a piping bag or a small spoon to place the yolk mixture inside the white egg halves.
- Place one slice of the sauteed mushroom on each egg for decoration
- Serve & Enjoy
Chef Beth's Notes:
This is a dish that can be made ahead of time and placed in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. I always boil extra eggs in case a few don't make it when I am peeling them or if they get eaten along the way. It's your dish get creative!